Sunday, June 5, 2011

Coupar Consulting Announces Goose Vintage Tableware on Etsy

About two months ago I was asked to design a logo and landing page for one of my FAVORITE people in the interior design industry, Bill Geis, and his partner Leo.  I have had a work crush on Bill since I first met him right after I opened my interior fabrics showroom in the Oakland Hills ten years ago.  Forever stylish, with a wicked sense of humor to match, Bill is always fun to collaborate with on anything creative.  It was such a blast taking his concept of vintage tableware, blending it with his tongue & cheek approach to design and whipping up something that was uniquely and perfectly suited for him and Leo. 



landing page for the website.  e-commerce site coming this fall.

I have no idea how I had gone ten years without meeting Leo, (I mean, does Bill keep him in hiding or something?), but he is a delight to talk to, knowledgeable and passionate about the tableware pieces he & Bill acquire and sell.

IMG_1696.jpg
move over Brangelina, Bill & Leo are my new favorite power couple.



Etsy banner designed after Bill's initial inspiration of wrapping all pieces in craft paper and twine ribbon.
                             
There are so many elements to love about their Etsy shop and their product philosophy in general, but my two favorite aspects of their collection is that it is largely acquired through their travels, and it is one-of-a-kind, designed to be a unique setting collection for about 6-8 people (though they will custom design a collection for more upon request).  My favorite is their line called "miss-matched", a single setting of a teacup, saucer, and dessert plate.  I am a big believer in little decadence on a daily basis, and drinking tea from an exquisite little set fits this concept perfectly.  I also like the idea of using the set for the guest of honor at a dinner party. My friend Laura does this for each party she hosts, the guest of honor gets her own special cup for soup that stands just a bit grander than everyone else's at the table.     


                     MISS MATCH J&G Meakin and Noritake cup, saucer, plate set MISS MATCH Alfred Meakin and Winfield cup, saucer, plate set MISS MATCH Capo di Monte and Schirnding cup, saucer, plate set
                                                   Some of the pieces from Goose Vintage's "Miss-Match" collection


I have always described Bill & Leo's aesthetic as bohemian chic, very well edited, European & mid-century/deco American inspired items.  They only buy what they love and each piece has a little story behind it.  Visit their shop on Etsy, new items are added on a weekly basis, and look for them in some upcoming showcases this summer and fall!  Details to follow.... Until then happy shopping with Goose Vintage.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/GooseVintage

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful article, Bill & Leo! Bohemian chic has my heart, and so do people who realize that every dish, every piece, has its own special story. XO! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add "Best Cheerleader in the World" to Krista's long list of talents! We're thrilled with the work she's done for us getting set up. Savvy, smart, funny - we could go on and on, but we'll end with just: Wow! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin